It’s just not the same anymore

Imagine the best times of your life, and I am sure they include that trip you took with your college friends to some destination, or the train journey where you stayed up all night playing dumb charade with your friends or family or maybe even an everyday lunch with lots of laughter. Imagine going to that place alone, or taking that journey alone or knowing you may never have that lunch group again.

The trip destination, the train and the lunch may be what they always were, but it’s just not the same anymore for you.


I don’t know where to begin

There is simply so much to say

It feels like I am walking alone

On this deserted highway


Was it always so deserted?

Funny, I didn’t realize

It had always felt like

A Pandora-ish paradise


The smokescreen is dissolving away

Now I do see clear

What I never saw before

But what always was here


Now I don’t like the sparkling sand,

Nor the green and golden land

Not even the starry skies of the night,

Nor the sun that’s ever so bright

Nor the cool breeze that flies around

Neither an oasis retreat

But I will keep walking along

And our paths again shall meet


Comments

  1. I know!
    It is the people around you who matter the most,not the journey or destinations.

    Loved the poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely expressed in words. Keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that you have started writing, coz I think it is very close to your heart. Hope it will fill the void....just keep pouring in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>"Imagine the best times of your life, and I >> am sure they include that trip you took..."

    Yeah, I remember all the acid trips I took well!!! It usually takes one swig and/or one pull to cross the great beyond!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment