May be love just messes you up

I look around and I see so many people in so many different kinds of relationships. So many people working hard to make things work. So many people doing things you wouldn't imagine they would. Yeah, love makes people do crazy things.

So there is this couple. The wife works in a company here in US. Her husband doesn't have a visa. They have a daughter who is barely months old. She continues her job here. Her husband is back in India taking care of the daughter. The daughter doesn't recognize her mother and is afraid to be with her whenever they visit her in US.

Then there is this couple where the husband has to drive everyday 6 hours (to and fro) to the office because they chose to get a house closer to the wife's office. The drive is so long but he does it everyday.

Then there is this couple who met like they do in arranged marriages, eventually fell in love, got married. The wife got an opportunity to travel onsite which she had been wanting for a year. She declined because she wanted to be with her husband. She got another opportunity soon after. She is taking it up and hoping that her husband gets one soon, to the same location ofcourse.

Then there is this couple where the husband who worked as a general manager of some company in India left his job and took up a menial job as a cleaner in a shabby place in US, because he wanted to be with his wife who works in US.

Then there was this couple who met at a company's training center and fell in love. However, they had to take up job postings at different states to be close to their families. But things were fine. Until she went for higher studies, met some guy at her college, fell in love with him, broke up with the first guy leaving him shattered. She married the other guy and the first guy will eventually marry some one else too.

I can go on and on about so many people who have been in or are going through different stages in their journey of love. They are battling with the distances, their personal aspirations, compromises or may be just picking up the pieces and trying to move on. Every one is trying to find their happy ending. No one wants to be alone. They want to be there for their loved ones. Yet they also want to do something they always wanted to do. Or may be it just pays better. Everyone is trying to strike a balance between so many things that they want and what they don't want.


I don't want to judge or rather I have no right to judge. I haven't been in love. Crushes, yes. And I don't know if I ever will fall in love. But I do know that when I marry it would have to be because I want to be with that person, and not because I am afraid to be alone. I know its scary to be alone. My friends warn me too. And that is why may be everyone is doing their best to be with the one they love. Or may be love just messes you up.


P.S. I was watching the movie "Up" and it made me think that if I am going to be alone when I am old, I better find a boy scout, a dog and lots of balloons.

Comments

  1. The answer to the question why do we love is subjective.I think we all want witnesses to our lives. It is very comforting to know that you have someone with whom you can share everything; you don't have to hold anything back. Someone you completely trust. You feel complete to wake up every morning lying in the arms of the person you love. It makes you realize that there is at least one person in this world who enjoys being with you. Reassuring of the fact that you are lovable.

    All this might seem superfluous. You have to be in love and a romantic to really experience all this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment