Dare you to move

Inspired from one of my favorite songs by Switchfoot...

I fell hard and it hurt bad,
Why didn't I look what lay ahead?
Tried to walk but stumbled again,
The scar shined and the blood stained.
Rain splattered and drenched me down.
Was I fool or a clown?
I let people mock, the fault was mine.
I tried to pretend all was fine.
Gave another shot and pulled me off the ground,
Held on to the only support I found.
I was a little bruised.
The pain in the left leg cruised.
Stumbling and limping, I found a bench.
Sat down and looked for a hand to clench.
A hand that could walk me home.
Shield me from the hurt I had known.
There wasn't any so I clenched my teeth.
Gathered my strength and got to my feet.
I shall walk and walk in the rain.
The pain will be gone, the scar can remain.

Comments

Post a Comment