Dear Life…

In trying to be a grown up,

I complicated things that weren't meant to be.

My destiny hasn't shown up.

It feels like a mockery.

Dear Life, un-complicate, will you?

Take me back where I was free to live you.


In trying to be more serious,

I forgot how laughter sounded.

I ran after the spurious.

And was only left wounded.

Dear Life, lighten up, will you?

Take me back where I laughed with you.


In trying to be ahead of the game,

I ran from the things that mean so much more.

Still trying to find my name.

Am tired of keeping score.

Dear Life, just run back, will you?

Take me back where I played along with you.


In trying to do the right thing,

I chose all the wrongs.

Changed my heart of being.

Lied to myself all along.

Where do I go from here?

Dear Life, just take me away with you.

Comments

  1. I showed my heart to the doctor,
    he said I just have to quit.
    Then he wrote himself a prescription,
    and your name was mentioned in it.
    Then he locked himself in a library shelf
    with the details of our honeymoon,
    and I hear from the nurse that he's gotten much worse
    and his practice is all in a ruin.
    ~Leonard Cohen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome!!! One of your best :-)
    Loved this one, this is the story of so many of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment