The best days of my life

I went from "love at first sight" to "madly in love" to "three-year-itch" to "abhorrence" for the company I started my professional life with. Nevertheless, it gave me one of the best one-and-a-half months of my life. The pictures may have faded away. The memories will live on.

The best lectures and living in the GEC till 12 in the night to finish off the assignments:


The coffee that kept us awake during the morning sessions:


The carom games during the night (I was good):


It never mattered even if it were 3 am in the morning. The long walks at night, sitting by the swimming pool listening to Sanjay narrate the funniest stories about our college days, eating ice cream in the cold Mysore nights and forming our philosophy of "Loha lohe ko kaat ta hai" (cold kills cold :))...I can't remember when we slept...I also can't remember if we ever felt tired.


It was also about studying hard:


And most importantly it was about these amazing friends. For the first time in my life, I was living away from my family. I cried the day I entered the Mysore campus and I had to say goodbye to my mom, dad and my brother. I cried for a few days. And then I never cried, because I realized I was at "home" with my "second family".


Dedicated to: (L to R standing) Sudeep, Niru, Pratibha, Sanjay
(L to R sitting) Meghana, Prajakta, Pranali and me


Comments

  1. This mysore experience never fades. I still loves songs of those days...Mahi ve (Fakir), Wo raatien (jal)...we use to play in GEC...Truly awesome days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yups. Thanks for reading Saurabh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mysore campus rocks! Every one of us has special Mysore memories which will be cherished forever.

    Thanks for this post...It made me realize I am still in love with Infy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth be told, I felt what Potter must have felt when he went to Hogwart's when I first entered the campus. I was impressed by almost everything. But to be frank, I was bored by campus by the time I was about to leave. In 45-50 days. Do not blame me. There were greater things at work. Like law of diminishing marginal utility.

    My best memories from that time are from an OOTY trip that we friends took. I will remember the trip and my friends always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Aks, Samuh - Thanks for reading as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post
    we missed u too
    mysore is awesome
    i wish i was there
    my sister is the best

    ReplyDelete
  7. @kartik - thanku for copy-pasting the comment (the way I asked u to) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hetal....u brought bak some wonderful memories...so much so that i fear i wil never go to mysore again for i feel it wil disappoint me to not find u all der

    ReplyDelete
  9. @sanjay - thanks for reading. I don't want to go back to Pune for precisely the same reason. Now atleast Niru is back...else after all of you had left it was horrible to look at the empty lunch table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ditto sanjay ... i don't want to disappoint myself by visiting mysore n pune without you guys now :(

    thank you for memories Hatel :) love ya.. n miss you big time..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment