Living quarters

Bombay is my home (I will always call it Bombay). But I have been staying in U.S. for a little over 2 years now. I have been to a lot of cities in U.S., but if you were to ask me to pick 3 cities where I would love to have my living quarters, here is what they would be:

Judging criteria:

1. Proximity to water body
2. Does it make me feel like home
3. People buzz
4. Accessibility within and around

Winners:


1. New York City

Its the first city I saw in U.S. I live in NY, not far from the city. NYC always reminds me of Bombay, may be a more sophisticated version of Bombay. Its alive. Its buzzing with energy 24x7. There is always something new, something unexplored waiting to be found whenever you visit the city. It has a beautiful skyline. I have a soft-corner for waterbodies of any kind - river, lake, pond, stream, brook anything. Hence, the Hudson river and close proximity to the Atlantic ocean both add up to my love of NYC. Its my second home.




2. Chicago

I visited Chicago two years back in summer. Yeah, I know winters are dreaded in Chicago. But its a paradise in summer. The Chicago river and Lake Michigan cater to my water-affinity. Its a small, cute and beautiful city. Its less crowded and cleaner than NYC.




3. Boston

I visited Boston recently and loved it. Its beautiful and a small city. Charles river is a wonderful company. It has an old world charm and boasts of a number of places which are amongst the oldest in U.S. Hence its a pleasure to look at the old architecture and stone buildings. Again less crowded as compared to NYC, but not dull.




@Readers - I would like to know what are your favorite cities in the world. Where would you like to have your living quarters?

Comments

  1. My favorite city is Attarrah, UP. It has a hand pump, so water body can be created by pumping water out of mother earth. I have built a house around this pump so that my house is close to that water body.
    Do you have hand pump in New York City?

    ~ Desi Babu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Desi Jumua - We have lots of hand pumps in NYC. You press a button on these, water sprinkles out of the spout, you lower your head to get your mouth in level to the spout to drink. Here:
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=central+park+drinking+fountains&num=10&um=1&hl=en&biw=1232&bih=678&tbm=isch&tbnid=aA1z2ukMNRbGzM:&imgrefurl=http://www.panoramio.com/photo/63977197&imgurl=http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/63977197.jpg&w=500&h=375&ei=9-xAUJjJCKbV0QHV4YDwCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=365&vpy=373&dur=22&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=175&ty=156&sig=102014314205984712647&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw=215&start=0&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:113

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleage refer to me in my name and allso refer to me to a pump to phullfill my thirst.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Desi Jumua - Sakespeare said "What ij in the name?".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment