Connections

Its funny and intriguing how at times things connect in the strangest of ways. Even the tiniest, presumptively unimportant things, things from different places, sources and via different people come together all at once and leave that tiny smile on your face of how you never ever expected these pieces to fall into places.

Few weeks ago, me and a couple of friends had gone to Cape May in New Jersey. It has this nice little cobblestone path with cute shops lining it on either side. We were roaming around and in one of the little shops I found a scarf that I liked. My friend suggested I buy it and so I did. It is this pretty teal colored scarf with intricate designs in gold and a dash of color. The design is woven in beautiful patterns with influences from India.

Today I wore the scarf to work. I kept it on my desk and was rummaging through my emails. I got an email from Groupon about an offer for iPhone 4/4S cases from Vera Bradley. One of them was a pink case with intricate designs in gold, not very unlike my scarf, but again not completely like my scarf. I was wondering whether to order the iPhone case since it looked pretty. It came in two designs it said - 'Doodle Daisy' and 'Paisley meets Plaid'. The 'Paisley meets Plaid' was the pink one that I liked. The name was unusual, but I just thought it was something whimsical that the designers must have named it.

My manager at work is Tony. He was born and brought up in Scotland and has been living in U.S. since quite a few years now. It was almost 5 pm. and he was leaving. He saw my scarf and said its a beautiful scarf with wonderful Paisley design. I was surprised to hear the word Paisley and then it struck me its the name for that design and that's why it was the name given to the pink iPhone case. Tony said the design draws influences from India and China, but its named Paisley because the first machine made design of that kind was created at Paisley, a town in Scotland.

I had never heard the word Paisley before and I discovered it today through Groupon, my scarf from Cape May and Tony from Scotland. Connections are funny.

Comments

  1. credit goes to the guy who asked you to buy it. Maybe God wanted you to know what Paisley meant. Through him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment