Life, interrupted

This post is a submission to IndiVine and IndiSpire for the topic "Waking up from the dead and watching how life unfolded without you.."

You look at my picture with those misty eyes,
And the tear you tried to hold escapes.
Even through your muffled cries,
I hear the pain and my heart it breaks.
For I can't hold your hand today,
As it shivers to wipe that drop of tear.
I have journeyed so far away,
O Mother, how I wish I was near.

That hand on your shoulder will give you strength,
It held my hand and taught me to walk.
For even when he feels spent,
He will gather courage and make you talk.
For he knows you must go on, 
And not succumb to your woes. 
I am glad he is with you when I am gone,
O Father, you take away her blues.

My brother left for work today,
And in the train he thought of me.
As he looked at our pictures from that holiday,
The times we sang with pure glee.
He tried to mingle with his friends,
He tried to write that piece of code.
He left early saying he had a package to send,
And lost his way on the roads.

The group chats now lie relinquished,
The profiles are unvisited.
I know it pains them to finish,
The sentences I never completed.
My friends treasure the pictures I clicked, 
And the writings on my blog.
For friendships so loving and thick,
Remain shining through the densest fog.

I know you miss me, my love, but you wouldn't show,
For the world should see you feel no strife.
The little time we loved is all I know,
Was the best time of my life.
Unfinished love stories make the poignant of tales,
And our tale, in my heart, does lie.
And as you go about your ways,
I know you wish you never bade goodbye.


Comments