Estranged

These days I listen to songs while trying to fall asleep for I have been having trouble falling asleep. I turn down the lights by 12-12.30, get into my blanket, tired from the day, a hurting back, but sleep escapes me. So, I try playing games - Solitaire, Tangram, Logo quiz, Hearts on my iPhone, keep checking Whatsapp, listen to Pandora at times, read the Bhagvad Geeta and if I am lucky, I fall asleep by 3 am. The  song that I play in a repeat mode is usually Tum Ho from the movie Rockstar. There is something about its lines that I love:
Khud ko main haar gaya tumko
Tumko main jeeta hoon...


The song loops on till morning at times until I wake up. Today, my companion is going to be Estranged by Guns and Roses:


Cause I see the storm getting closer
And the waves they get so high
Seems everything we've ever known's here
Why must it drift away and die?

I'll never find anybody to replace you
Guess I'll have to make it through this time
Oh, this time without you

I knew the storm was getting closer
And all my friends said I was high
But everything we've ever known's here
I never wanted it to die

Comments

Post a Comment