A sweet gesture

Over the past week or so, the pantry at my office ran out of Hot chocolate - the only caffeine product (apart from soda) that I drink at my office. I do not like the tea or coffee we get here because its way too watered down. I can survive without tea, coffee and hot chocolate if only they would turn down the AC, but they won't. So, everyday I would walk to the pantry just to check if they re-filled my hot chocolate. But it was no where to be found. 

There is a lady who sits few cubicles away from mine. We have spoken a few times and she is very sweet. Her name is Katherine but people call her Kat. I ran into Kat at the pantry yesterday. I was doing my look-up for hot chocolate and it wasn't there. So, I just filled my Harry Potter mug with water and was about to leave. Kat asked me what I was looking for and I told her. She immediately went to an admin who takes care of the stocks of beverages and asked her about hot chocolate and found out that they would place an order next week. She came to me and told me the same and I said it was OK. It was no big deal.

Today morning when I reached office, I found a jar at my desk wrapped in a bag. I took the jar out and it was a jar of Swiss Hot chocolate powder with Marshmallows. I went to Kat and she told me she got it from her home. I was touched and thanked her for being so kind. I enjoyed two cups of hot chocolate today :)

Kat is an admin here and she keeps busy all day. She has a family she takes care of too. And amidst her busy life, she remembered to get something for a girl she barely knows. Thanks again, Kat!

Comments

  1. Awwww :) Feels so good when some one makes you feel special and cared for, when you're not expecting the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously, you have never tasted my tea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment